Is It Time to Offer Property Management to Your Clients?
When the real estate sales market slows, there is one time-tested way for agents to not only survive in slow markets–but to thrive. Adding property management services for your clients gives you the benefits of residual income streams, new buyer and seller clients, increased company value, steady cash flow, and more. This fast-paced session breaks down all the pros –and the cons — of offering property management services. We’ll explore the risks and rewards of various business models used by property management firms and answer the most common questions. You’ll walk away with actionable steps and answers to the following questions:
- Won’t property management be a distraction to my brokerage business?
- What technology does a property management business require?
- What licensing is required?
- How can I market to my clients?
- What questions do landlords ask?
- What business models are available?
- What income streams are available ?
- Do I have the personality to be a property manager?
- How is my relationship with a property management client different from that of my brokerage client?
- Where do I get the documents I need?
- What are the legal risks of property management?
- How hard it is to add property management services to a brokerage?
20 Ways Your Cash Cow Can Graze: Increase Your Property Management Income Most property management companies struggle to be profitable – but that should not be the case! With proper planning you can use your property management business as a platform to create multiple streams of income. In this fun and inspiring session we discuss over 20 specific income streams proven to increase income AND learn how to easily implement them.
KEYNOTE Leadership and Human Resources: Build, Lead, & Grow Through Company Culture Can be presented as a keynote address, or with a Property Management or Real Estate Sales Focus The success of your team members and the health of your business culture is YOUR responsibility and you can both lead and manage your team more easily than you think. We will discuss the difference between a leader and a manager, learn how to properly hire, train, motivate, compensate, evaluate, and hold your team members accountable, and . . . when and how to fire. Your ability to effectively lead your team and impact your culture is not based on your personality or your charisma – it is based on 3 specific behaviors that you engage in. Whether you have 1 or 100 employees, effective leadership, management, and a healthy culture at all levels is a must for any company that wishes to succeed. 45 min-1 Hour
KEYNOTE YOU, INC. Be the CEO of Your Own Life If you are like most business professionals you spend a lot of time working to improve your business. You may even have a better than average understanding of some essential elements of a successful business such as marketing, selling, finance, and hiring. But what are the essential elements of a successful life? This engaging and fast-paced session places you as the newly-hired CEO of YOU INC. You’ll evaluate yourself based on 6 essential business venture elements and then discover how to integrate them for a more fulfilling and successful life. From the veteran high achiever to the young person starting out, this session offers inspiration and clarity for running the most important venture you’ll ever know . . . YOU. 45 min-1 Hour
KEYNOTE Stop Marketing and Start Selling Do you feel trapped in the black-hole of marketing? Does it seem like the more time and money you spend, the less you achieve in sales? Are you tired of hearing everything you should be doing with “social media”? Effective marketing can be achieved through a nearly free platform of combining aspects of content marking along with a solid web-site. In this session, Marc will share the 5 platforms his company uses to grow sales each month and his business 20% every year. 45 min
9 Business Essentials for Every Real Estate Professional By the end of this fun and fast-paced session you will gain the knowledge and confidence to
- Turn difficult clients into fans
- Understand and comply with fair housing rules
- Speak the language of the real-estate-investor and analyze real estate investor deals
- Negotiate like a professional
- Grow your business by 10% this year through a simple SWOT analysis.
- Upgrade your marketing to attract new clients
- Look into the future and see what real estate opportunities will exist 5 years from now
- Avoid burnout and finally achieve the elusive “work-life balance”
- Fund your future retirement through real estate investing
10 Things to Know about Working with Real Estate Investors VIDEO PROMO Real estate investing is no longer just for the rich. Both millennials and baby boomers are moving away from stock market investing and into real estate investing. This session will educate agents on how to confidently work with investor clients by understanding
- Transactional differences between owner occupied and investment real estate deals
- How to speak the language of “investor”
- What your investor clients need to know about risk
- How to analyze and compare investment deals
- The differences between commercial and residential investments
- What to look for during inspections
- The pros and cons of buying occupied vs vacant investment property
- The differences between single-family vs multi-family investing
- Financing basics for investment property
- How to accurately calculate the rental rate of a property
- Property Management basics for after the sale
Content Marketing for the Real Estate Professional Grow your business with this easy and cost effective marketing platform. One of the most challenging aspects of business success for most real estate professionals is marketing. We know we SHOULD be doing it, and the marketing industry tells us that our business will fail without it. But what do you do when you don’t have the time, the skill set, or the money to hire someone else to do it for you. The answer: CONTENT MARKETING. This session will explain exactly WHAT content marketing is, WHY it is so effective, and HOW you can start using it today. The results of content marketing will blow you away and it won’t cost you any money! approx 1 hour session
(REBAC course) Real Estate Investing: Build Wealth.Representing Investors & Becoming One Yourself This course will cover the fundamentals of real estate investment that practitioners need to know to expand their business services. The one-day course looks at how practitioners can adapt core real estate skills and learn new skills to serve clients who want to invest in single family homes, condos, townhomes, and small multifamily properties. You will learn how to work with investors as they goal set, plan, evaluate, and acquire properties as well as manage them. You will also learn how to “walk the talk” and become a real estate investor yourself.
Property Management 101: The Essentials* When it comes to Residential Property Management – those outside the industry usually have one of two opinions: Opinion #1: “Property Managers are simply collecting rent and calling vendors for repairs – what an easy job!” Opinion #2: “Property Managers are dealing with crazy tenants, running toilets in the middle of the night, and all the weird laws they have to follow – what a hard job!” The truth is somewhere in the middle. In this course we will go through the basic elements necessary for property management including the management and lease agreement, how to find new owner clients, how to screen tenants, the tenant life cycle, understanding legal and fair housing issues, and how to deal with erratic tenants and owners. This class is ideal for those new to the industry and those who simply wish to have a better understanding of property management basics.
Create a Playbook for Success: 10 Critical Elements for Running a Property Management or Real Estate Business* Most of us possess the skills necessary to work IN our business, but few of us know how to work ON our business. This session will outline the ten critical areas of business success with action items for immediate implementation! We’ll educate current business operators on what habits they must practice; as well as tell employees what their employers always wanted them to know but were afraid to say out loud. If your company needs help with hiring and firing, setting clear expectations for employees, increasing profit, improved leadership, systems, or recognizing new business opportunities, then this session is for you.
Systematizing for Success: Running Your Property Management Business on Autopilot* VIDEO PROMO The most successful companies don’t rely on people for their success, they rely on systems. Systems are simply road maps or instructions that allow your processes to be repeated, duplicated, and run by anyone. Systems will make your property management business scalable, increase the value of your company, take pressure off your team members, protect you from liability, reduce the dependence on any one employee, create clarity, and give you a way to hold your team members accountable. We will walk through the step-by-step process of how to create and implement a System Manual specific to each position in your company. System Manuals changed our business, and they can change yours too!
*These courses may be combined to create a 6+ hour session, Property Management, the Crash Course
20 Missing Paragraphs to Guarantee Failure in Property Management What is the true purpose of your lease and management agreement? Using the three fundamental decision making tools of risk, profit, and ease, we will go through 10 ‘must-have’ lease agreement clauses, and 10 ‘must-have’ management agreement clauses. As a property manager your lease agreement with your tenants, and your management agreements with your owners, define every aspect of your relationship. A poorly written or incomplete agreement will lead to confusion for all parties. We will learn how to effectively implement these changes going forward as well as with your existing tenants and owners. These updates will improve the way you do business, reduce your liability, and increase your income.
So You Want to Try Commercial Property Management? What Residential Managers Need to Know Are you considering making the leap from Residential Property Management to Commercial Property Management? If so, you will gain knowledge and confidence in this introductory class as we give an overview of the similarities and differences between Residential and Commercial Property Management. We will address ‘must know’ issues including how to do a proper financial analysis on a commercial property, what commercial investors expect of their property managers, how to market and lease commercial space, how to speak the language of ‘investors’, the opportunities available within the commercial world, and how to profit from it all.
Fair Housing for the Property Manager Complying with fair housing is not just a good business practice; it is the law. Fair housing starts with the federal Fair Housing Act and continues through state and local regulations. The course will not just give an overview of fair housing, it was also educate property managers on what they should and should not be doing in the a day-to-day operation of their business. Property Managers are on the front line of fair housing issues as it relates to renting and must be knowledgeable in how to operate their business to ensure compliance. This session is designed to be very practical and will also address current fair housing topics including service animals, reasonable accommodation requests, and disparate impact rules.
60 MINUTES OR LESS! MINI SESSIONS
- 3 Things Leaders Must Bring Every Day Leadership–with so much information out there, why is it so hard to lead and manage people? Get 3 action items you need to start being a more effective leader immediately!
- “YOU Inc.”: 6 Essential Elements From the veteran high achiever to the young person starting out, this session offers inspiration and clarity for running the most important venture you’ll ever know . . . YOU.
- Video Content Marketing: A Crash Course Grow your business with this easy and cost-effective marketing platform! Get WHAT content marketing is, WHY it is so effective, and HOW you can start using it today.
- 6 Formulas for Working with Real Estate Investors Get the confidence, knowledge, and mathematical language you need to work with even the most sophisticated real estate investor client.
- Content Marketing for the Real Estate Professional Find out exactly WHAT content marketing is, WHY it is so effective, and HOW you can start using it today.
- Property Management Pros & Cons Thinking of adding this steady income stream? We’ll discuss the pros and cons of offering property management alongside a real estate sales business.
- Tenant Lease Agreements & 6 Critical Clauses When things go wrong with a tenant – everyone (including the judge) goes back to what the lease says. We will discuss the 6 most often overlooked lease clauses.
- 6 Clauses Missing from Your Property Management Agreement The agreement between the property manager and the owner-client is the foundation of the relationship: don’t overlook including these 6 crucial clauses.
- Service Animals & Rental Properties: What You Need to Know More tenants are bringing service animals into rentals. Find out how to handle these requests and stay in compliance with HUD requirements.
- 6 Property Management Price Strategies If your property management business isn’t profitable, you need to focus on other services. We’ll look at strategies and income streams any property management business can offer.
- Current, Attractive & Inviting: Website Must Haves Stale websites turn off potential clients. Discover the 6 essential elements your site must have to impress and convert visitors.