Contracts for the Win: Negotiation and Contract Tools for Success
TRAVIS EVERETTE • Ever heard “Well, the contract says . . .” and wanted to scream? We’ve all been there. Despite the undisputed importance of contracts, many licensees don’t understand some of the basic concepts—much less how to best utilize them. In “Contracts for the Win,” you will:
- Gain clarity regarding “offer and acceptance”
- Learn how to avoid the practice of law
- Discover ways of framing offers to increase chances of acceptance
- Maximize your ability to negotiate items such as repairs after contract
- Learn to diminish disputes so closing can happen
Wow your clients and your cooperating brokers with negotiating skills and contractual insights that smooth the transaction and hand your client the win.
Top Tips and Techniques for the Expert Negotiator™
CHANDRA HALL • You are a real estate agent, a confidant, a sales person and a needed negotiator. This is what your clients expect and you aim to deliver. You’ll learn new and effective scripts and dialogues as well as how to research the other side and gain intel for your client’s advantage. We’ll teach you how to set yourself apart from your competition and utilize a proven negotiation strategy with both buyers and sellers. In today’s marketplace, sharp and polished negotiation skills open the door to getting deals done.
The New Negotiation Edge: A 5-Step Blueprint for Success
ED HATCH • You’ll leave this seminar understanding the most current, innovative and effective negotiation strategies. And you’ll get specific real estate applications for your day-to-day negotiations with and for your clients. Learn How To …
- Implement the specific skills of a 5-Step Strategy for negotiating past NO to YES!
- Understand the 3 fundamental axioms of negotiating and the application of each in their real world negotiations.
- Identify the 5 barriers to agreement and be able to implement the appropriate breakthrough strategy for each.
- Implement the ASK – LISTEN – LEARN – LEAD sequence to more effectively uncover clients’ true MOTIVATION, COMMUNICATION style, and how they PLAY THE GAME.
- Successfully handle the most common seller objection to pricing at fair market value and wanting to perform a “commission-ectomy”.
- Successfully handle the most common buyer objections of waiting for the perfect house, waiting for the “good deal”, wanting to write a “low ball offer.” Full Day
New Negotiating Edge: Say ‘No’ & Still Get Paid
New Negotiating Edge: 4 Steps for Getting PAST NO!
New Negotiating Edge: Gaining Trust & Loyalty
New Negotiating Edge: Mastering the Language of Persuasion
New Negotiating Edge: The Power of Sincere Listening
Create the WIN: New Negotiation Strategies
MAURA NEILL • The most successful negotiators get the best outcomes for clients by thinking outside the box. This session pushes you out of your comfort zone to think differently. We’ll explore the impacts of perception versus reality on the transaction and how emotional intelligence effects the negotiation process. You’ll walk away with fresh, new approaches innovative options for even the most difficult negotiation. Maura is a graduate of the Harvard Negotiation Institute at Harvard Law. Session Only, 1 hour; Session + Workshop, 2 hours
Negotiations: The Games People Play
JACKIE LEAVENWORTH • What is the difference in a master negotiator and the typical sales person? A master negotiator understands and practices solid, proven techniques that get to “yes,” bypass “no,” and end up with delighted clients leading to future referrals. These negotiation techniques are not human nature, we are not born with these skills! Master negotiators are created through a sincere desire to help others and to learn new skills. Join Jackie for a journey to enhanced negotiation and people skills that can be life changing.
NLP: Negotiate Like a Pro
JACKIE LEAVENWORTH • Get actual dialogues, systems, and strategies to power up your negotiating skill sets. You’ll discover the true consumer mindset about negotiating and how to keep emotions and objections from derailing the process. “NLP” will focus on communication agility skills that balance the insight and understanding necessary to move any negotiation forward. Consumers expect you to represent their best interests; but clients for life expect professional advocates!
Getting to Yes—Negotiating on Behalf of Your Client
MELANIE MCLANE • Learn how to successfully negotiate on behalf of your client, without violating fiduciary duties. The goal of every negotiation is win/win; agents need to consult with their clients to determine the client’s goal and then structure a negotiating strategy that will help them reach it. Agents tend to focus on price; negotiations are about price, terms, and conditions. Part of a negotiation includes carefully reading the contract as presented and determining, with the client, what is acceptable and what needs to be negotiated.